Author Topic: Changing Rear Flexible Fuel Lines  (Read 2119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Neil-yaj396

  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2080
  • 1979 1300 Coupe
Changing Rear Flexible Fuel Lines
« on: May 14, 2022, 10:46:21 AM »
Is this only realistically do-able after removing the fuel tank? Asked more out of curiosity as I'm going to do this anyway due to the pipe end fittings being very rusted up and likely to need cutting off.

After 3 days soaked in WD40 the tank nuts are nice and loose. When I took the tank out of my previous 1300 one of the captive bolts sheared off.

Offline peteracs

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5007
  • Country: gb
  • Peter Stokes
Re: Changing Rear Flexible Fuel Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:12:22 PM »
Hi Nigel

I would say yes, even with the various tank configurations. Slackening the tank bolts at the very least?

Peter
Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600