Author Topic: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov  (Read 2406 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TonyLanciaBeta (Tony Harrison)

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 980
  • Country: gb
    • My Flickr photo sets
NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« on: January 01, 2026, 07:52:12 PM »
12th – 15th  November
NEC Classic Car Show
We have applied for a club stand for this years show, we should hear back around May time if our application is successful.
https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
Mk7 Golf Gti

Offline TonyLanciaBeta (Tony Harrison)

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 980
  • Country: gb
    • My Flickr photo sets
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2026, 07:46:07 PM »
Great News!
We the Lancia Beta Forum will be attending the UK's biggest indoor car show!  Birmingham's NEC, 13-15 November 2026, and this year, we've got a surprise.  The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show's Debutant theme means cars that have never been seen at the show before will be taking centre stage.  We can't say what's coming yet, but trust us, it's worth the wait.
Over 3,000 classics, 320 clubs, live stages, the UK's biggest indoor autojumble and 500 cars going under the hammer.  November can't come soon enough.

Use our club code CCLBETAN6 at checkout to unlock the club exclusive £4 off adult tickets or £2 off family, child & multi-day tickets.  www.necclassicmotorshow.com

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
Mk7 Golf Gti

Offline TonyLanciaBeta (Tony Harrison)

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 980
  • Country: gb
    • My Flickr photo sets
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2026, 07:28:57 PM »
SAVE the DATES 13th - 16th November 2026
We will have 4 superb Lancia Beta's on our Beta Forum Stand for the Classic Motor Show at the NEC in Birmingham this year.
Combining the Beta stand with the Lancia Motor Club who will be celebrating 120 years of the Lancia brand, the Gamma consortium and the Stratos enthusiasts. This will be an epic stand for all Lancia lovers and afficionados. You can save £4 by booking your tickets on line now using the code CCLBETAN6. See you there.

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
Mk7 Golf Gti

Offline deks

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 296
  • Country: gb
  • Steve Hudson
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2026, 09:16:47 PM »
Is anyone planning on going to the show this year, specifically on the Saturday (train is half the price of weekday ) 
Lancia Beta Spyder 2000 (1979 model)
Lancia Beta HPE 2000 IE (1983)

Offline HFStuart

  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2104
  • Country: gb
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2026, 10:45:31 AM »
I'll be there on the Friday. Saturday is usually a bit busy for me.

Train tickets....our wonderful system you need 30 years experience and a couple of AI Supercomputers to sort out ( I have the first but not the second)

On Friday morning:
Cambridge North  - Birmingham New St = £94.00
Cambridge  - Birmingham New St = £15.40

It's the same train the only difference is from Cambridge Nth you have a short 4 min hop to Cambridge first - but the ticketing system isn't smart enough to separate the legs of the journey. Same thing it you try to book through to Birmingham International, it won't offer the advance fare price. The split ticketing websites sometimes pick up on this but even they're not perfect.

Let me know where you're travelling from Steve and I'll see if I can find a better option for you.


Offline peteracs

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5001
  • Country: gb
  • Peter Stokes
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2026, 11:47:53 AM »
Hi Steve

I am aiming to go on Saturday if you want a lift

Peter
Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600

Offline A Ross

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 130
  • Country: gb
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2026, 01:49:28 PM »
I'll be there all weekend. Look forward to seeing everyone there 🙂
1979 Beta Berlina 1300 (late) S2 - Rosso Nearco 2024 -
1980 Beta Coupé 1600 S2 FL1 Metallized Blue  2023 -

1979 Beta Berlina 1300 (late) S2 - Ascot Verde 1979-1989
1988 Prisma 1.6 i.e. - Lancia Blue 1988-1991

Offline deks

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 296
  • Country: gb
  • Steve Hudson
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2026, 02:05:48 PM »
Hi Steve

I am aiming to go on Saturday if you want a lift

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'll be in touch if I do decide to go. 
Lancia Beta Spyder 2000 (1979 model)
Lancia Beta HPE 2000 IE (1983)

Offline deks

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 296
  • Country: gb
  • Steve Hudson
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2026, 02:08:02 PM »
I'll be there all weekend. Look forward to seeing everyone there 🙂

I am saving the weekend visit for March.

Hotel is cost and weekend entry is money I can spend on the car over the winter
though I do accept that November show is bigger and probably needs more days
Lancia Beta Spyder 2000 (1979 model)
Lancia Beta HPE 2000 IE (1983)

Offline SanRemo78

  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1605
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2026, 03:48:49 PM »
I'm probably going to make a weekend of it too. Anyone booked a hotel yet?
Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Skoda Superb Scout 2021. Believed 1of 1 in the UK!
Fiat Panda 100HP and now -
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre

Offline deks

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 296
  • Country: gb
  • Steve Hudson
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2026, 05:30:09 PM »
I'm probably going to make a weekend of it too. Anyone booked a hotel yet?

the one we stayed in in March seems to have changed hands I think. I am sure when I was pricing up for next March it had a different brand with the booking site
Lancia Beta Spyder 2000 (1979 model)
Lancia Beta HPE 2000 IE (1983)

Offline deks

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 296
  • Country: gb
  • Steve Hudson
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 12th - 15th Nov
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2026, 06:08:37 PM »
I'll be there on the Friday. Saturday is usually a bit busy for me.

Train tickets....our wonderful system you need 30 years experience and a couple of AI Supercomputers to sort out ( I have the first but not the second)

On Friday morning:
Cambridge North  - Birmingham New St = £94.00
Cambridge  - Birmingham New St = £15.40

It's the same train the only difference is from Cambridge Nth you have a short 4 min hop to Cambridge first - but the ticketing system isn't smart enough to separate the legs of the journey. Same thing it you try to book through to Birmingham International, it won't offer the advance fare price. The split ticketing websites sometimes pick up on this but even they're not perfect.

Let me know where you're travelling from Steve and I'll see if I can find a better option for you.

Sorry Stuart I missed your reply.  Yes trains can be fun to work out ticketing.  i dont have the patience for all that searching different routes but I have used split tickets before. if I went by train it would be from Sleaford.     

Friday would be better for ease of crowd but as said costs currently favour the Saturday.
Lancia Beta Spyder 2000 (1979 model)
Lancia Beta HPE 2000 IE (1983)